Heat Shield for Continental TSIO-550 Engine

Forums: 

Subject: Heat Shield for Continental TSIO-550 Engine
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 10:18:44 +0000
To: Lancair Mailing List <lml [at] lancaironline.net>

Gentlemen,

I am rebuilding the engine in N437RP after the #4 cylinder shed its nickel inner lining, and would like to add a heat shield to the fuel controller that this engine never had. If anyone has one for sale, or has the diagrams, or even one I could copy from, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Bob Pastusek

Sender: <marv [at] lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Heat Shield for Continental TSIO-550 Engine
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 07:56:51 -0400
To: <lml [at] lancaironline.net>

Bob,

A little help here.  Do you mean the engine driven fuel pump, fuel injection spider, or turbocharger controller?

Barry Knotts

> On Jul 18, 2014, at 6:18, Robert R Pastusek <rpastusek [at] htii.com> wrote:

>

> Gentlemen,

>

> I am rebuilding the engine in N437RP after the #4 cylinder shed its nickel inner lining, and would like to add a heat shield to the fuel controller that this engine never had. If anyone has one for sale, or has the diagrams, or even one I could copy from, I'd be most appreciative.

>

> Thanks in advance,

>

> Bob Pastusek

>

> --

> For archives and unsub http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/lml/List.html

Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Heat Shield for Continental TSIO-550 Engine
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 00:29:08 +0000

Barry,

I am looking for folded aluminum cover for the engine-driven fuel pump. Most Continental-equipped IV/IV-Ps have this, with a SCAT tube attached directing cool air from the top of the engine.

Thanks,

Bob

-----Original Message-----

From: Lancair Mailing List [lml [at] lancaironline.net (mailto:)

] On Behalf Of F. Barry Knotts

Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 7:57 AM

To: Lancair Mailing List

Subject: [LML] Re: Heat Shield for Continental TSIO-550 Engine

Bob,

A little help here.  Do you mean the engine driven fuel pump, fuel injection spider, or turbocharger controller?

Barry Knotts

>

> Gentlemen,

>

> I am rebuilding the engine in N437RP after the #4 cylinder shed its nickel inner lining, and would like to add a heat shield to the fuel controller that this engine never had. If anyone has one for sale, or has the diagrams, or even one I could copy from, I'd be most appreciative.

>

> Thanks in advance,

>

> Bob Pastusek

>

> --

--

For archives and unsub http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/lml/List.html

Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Heat Shield for Continental TSIO-550 Engine
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 12:07:31 +0000

A personal thanks to each of you for the offer of help in getting this heat shield. First was the suggestion that I check with Lancair as it's a "standard" Lancair part. DUHH...I never even thought of that...I really am losing it. But I really wanted to comment on, and thank those who offered to remove this part from their airplane so I could copy it, or to loan it until I could find one of my own. Is this a great group of airplane owners/builders or what??!!

Bottom line: Brad Simmons had an extra, and wrote to tell me he's sending it; that I should send him payment when I can... I'm sure Brad will be pleased to hear that I intend to do this ASAP on Monday.

So thanks to you all for responding; request is satisfied/closed. I hope you will introduce yourselves to me at AirVenture and/or Redmond!

Bob Pastusek

] On Behalf Of Robert R Pastusek

Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 8:29 PM

Barry,

I am looking for folded aluminum cover for the engine-driven fuel pump. Most Continental-equipped IV/IV-Ps have this, with a SCAT tube attached directing cool air from the top of the engine.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

Barry Knotts

>

> Gentlemen,

>

>

> Thanks in advance,

>

> Bob Pastusek

>

> --

--

--

Sender: <marv [at] lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Heat Shield for Continental TSIO-550 Engine
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 08:25:27 -0400
To: <lml [at] lancaironline.net>

What you are looking for is the fuel pump "shroud."  It actually is two essential parts.  The shroud (gold colored aluminum) and an extended single stud for mounting it.  (See the attached photos.)  The shroud and stud are Continental parts.  I searched them out (somehow) in the past and purchased them directly from Continental.  I've looked back into the web-based parts manual for the TSIO-550B and E models and I don't see it depicted.  A phone call to Continental might get you what you want.  Note that I have been advised to remove the shroud from my fuel pump and I no longer have it installed.  I don't think that it was either a help nor a hindrance.  But it's gone now.  I might have the shroud kicking around the hangar somewhere and you are welcome to it...if I can find it (shroud AND stud.) I'll take a look this weekend.

Barry Knotts

On 7/18/2014 8:29 PM, Robert R Pastusek wrote:

Barry,

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

Barry Knotts

On Jul 18, 2014, at 6:18, Robert R Pastusek <rpastusek [at] htii.com> wrote:

Gentlemen,

I am rebuilding the engine in N437RP after the #4 cylinder shed its nickel inner lining, and would like to add a heat shield to the fuel controller that this engine never had. If anyone has one for sale, or has the diagrams, or even one I could copy from, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Bob Pastusek

--

--

--

Post a Reply

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Each email address will be obfuscated in a human readable fashion or, if JavaScript is enabled, replaced with a spam resistent clickable link. Email addresses will get the default web form unless specified. If replacement text (a persons name) is required a webform is also required. Separate each part with the "|" pipe symbol. Replace spaces in names with "_".
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h1> <h2> <h3>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Each email address will be obfuscated in a human readable fashion or, if JavaScript is enabled, replaced with a spam resistent clickable link. Email addresses will get the default web form unless specified. If replacement text (a persons name) is required a webform is also required. Separate each part with the "|" pipe symbol. Replace spaces in names with "_".
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Attachments
Files must be less than 512 MB.
Allowed file types: jpg jpeg gif png txt doc docx xls xlsx pdf ppt pptx pps ppsx odt ods odp mp3 mov mp4 m4a m4v mpeg avi ogg oga ogv weba webp webm.