As the Owner or Operator of an aircraft to be used in training, please complete the following and provide the specified documents to the Lancair Owners and Builders Organization, Inc (LOBO) as indicated below. LOBO must receive these documents before your flight training begins.
- Contact your aircraft insurance agent and instruct them to provide a certificate of insurance that:
- Names Lancair Owners and Builder's Organization, Inc. (LOBO) as an Additional Insured.
- Includes a waiver of subrogation.
- States that the insurance should be primary and without any right of contribution from any other insurance to extent permitted by the insurance policy.
NOTE: Insurance agents should be familiar with this request.
- Before the start of flight training you must complete, sign and send the Release, Pilot in Command Policy, Hold Harmless Agreements (these will be provided by your flight instructor) and the Certificate of Insurance to:
Lancair Owners and Builders Organization, Inc. Attn: Jenna Bentlage, 7055 Mexico Rd, P. 0. Box 268, St Peters, MO 63376-9998, J.Bentlage [at] lancairowners.com, or text to (618) 407-2111
- Before arriving to fly, you, as owner and/or operator, must verify the aircraft is airworthy and in compliance with FAR 91 Subpart E – Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance and Alterations, to include all equipment and inspection requirements.
- Bring with you to training the following (which your instructor will verify):
- Pilot certificate.
- Medical certificate.
- Driver’s license or government issued photo identification.
- Pilot logbook with appropriate endorsements.
- Airplane logbooks (a current condition inspection, and current transponder, pitot/static and ELT sign-off are required).
- The following items must be on board the aircraft:
- Airworthiness certificate
- FAA approved operating limitations
- Registration certificate
- Pilot’s Operating Handbook (POH)
- Weight and balance information
Enjoy your training!
For questions/comments about this notice contact Jeff Edison at JEdison360 [at] gmail.com.