Legacy FG Upper Leg Link part #7707

Forums: 

During a gear inspection I found that the weld on flange on the left Upper Leg Link #7707 for the main gear (which attaches the Link to the upper leg attachment 7703) is cracked.

I can pull it out and possibly have it welded but would rather replace it with a new upper Leg Link part #7707. Does anyone know where I might find the 7707 part, or who may build one for me.  

Attachments: 

Dave, I own a machine/fab.

Dave, I own a machine/fab. shop, If it was me I would add a sleeve gusset that extends 3" at the shortest length to a 45 deg. cut. Longest side of the cut on the extension loaded side You did not supply your part so hard to see if the flange has to be replaced or if it is the tube that cracked. In any case a fixture needs to be made for correct alignment and new flange if that is what failed. I could do it for you if needed. Making whole part new would be costly and not as strong with the added sleeve.

Post a Reply

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Each email address will be obfuscated in a human readable fashion or, if JavaScript is enabled, replaced with a spam resistent clickable link. Email addresses will get the default web form unless specified. If replacement text (a persons name) is required a webform is also required. Separate each part with the "|" pipe symbol. Replace spaces in names with "_".
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h1> <h2> <h3>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Each email address will be obfuscated in a human readable fashion or, if JavaScript is enabled, replaced with a spam resistent clickable link. Email addresses will get the default web form unless specified. If replacement text (a persons name) is required a webform is also required. Separate each part with the "|" pipe symbol. Replace spaces in names with "_".
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Attachments
Files must be less than 512 MB.
Allowed file types: jpg jpeg gif png txt doc docx xls xlsx pdf ppt pptx pps ppsx odt ods odp mp3 mov mp4 m4a m4v mpeg avi ogg oga ogv weba webp webm.